Carting

Another entertainment facility opened recently is for carting fans (owner – Merab Arjevanidze)
Our Carting spot meets all safety precautions.
Allowed are visitors over age of 8 .
Address: Tskaltubo – Kutaisi highway, 5th km

The Cold Lake

Earlier , the “Tskaltubo” river used to flow through the park, at the source of which in 1993 a so-called “hydrogeological” construction – the reservoir or “artificial lake” was created.
The artificial lake was called the”Cold Lake” and has become a favorite destination of the tourists.
As of today, the lake itself and the adjacent territory have been rehabilitated, and the Health & Rehabilitation sports complex with 2 pools, an indoor and outdoor, was equipped. Very soon, just like in the old days, boating on the lake will be already possible.

 

Tskaltubo Museum

The idea of the opening of the museum appeared in early 1943 of the previous century, but its foundation only became possible in the 50-ies, on the initiative of the local resident, professor Avtandil Ioseliani. The first director of the Museum was Giga Dzhimsheleishvili, late. The Scientific Council of the museum started working, but to realize the plans at that time just turned to be impossible. It was not until 1969, that the actual image of the museum has been acquired when it was headed by Mrs. Tsiala Gvinianidze, who is currently a chevalier of the Order of Honor, a honorary citizen of Tskaltubo, and the “Cave of Hope”project`s one of the most active participant. In 1981 the museum was named after a local resident, an outstanding linguist George Akhvlediani.
Today the Museum collections number more than 35 thousand archaeological items, numismatics, manuscripts, epigraphs, photo – and various other archival exhibits.
Archaeological collection displays the period from the Lower Paleolithic to the late Middle Ages. Exposed are labor tools of the primitive man made of stone, bone, volcanic glass obsidian, bronze and iron, as well as utensils for storage of wine.
Ethnographic funds expose metal, wood, leather, porcelain items, collection of glassware, musical instruments and samples of the incuse art. The museum has a rich collection of manuscripts and coins, photos and personal archives of many famous personalities.
Being a living body, the museum constantly requires updating. In order to preserve our past for future generations, the museum holds a wide range of educational and scientific conferences, mobile and stationary exhibitions in the region and beyond, along with meetings with famous people, vivid lectures – dialogues, and lots of other activities.

PROMETHEUS CAVE

Kumistavi Cave (cave Gliani, cave of Prometheus) is a karsts cave in the West Georgia, in the municipality of Tskaltubo. It is located near the villages of Kvilishori and Kumistavi, in the Kumi River basin, at an altitude of 100 meters above the sea level. Distance to the city of Tbilisi is240 km. , to the town of Kutaisi- 40 km. The cave is made of Lower Cretaceous limestone. It is a cave of the upper horizontal level. The height of the entrance is 3,5-4 m, its width is 7 m. In 60 meters from the main entrance, there is a siphon lake from where the river Kumi flows. In the cave there are stalactites, fused calcite and organogenic layers, formed as a result of destruction including a thick layer of guan. The climate is dynamic. Clearly there is an air movement inside. The cave is closely connected to the surface craters. At the end of the tunnel there is a 2-metres depth siphon. The temperature reaches 15 degrees C (1959 year`s estimate). There are inclusive springs that are connected to the cave water flow. In the hall adjacent to the siphon, there is a large colony of bats. In guan layer diversity of types of worms may be observed. The cave`s waters are used by the population as drinking water. It is absolutely easy to pass the cave through. The tourist route length is up to 1060 meters.
There are 16 rooms found inside, which are sharply differing in scope and forms of the fossil deposits. The cave is rich in various types of tumors, among which there are stalactites, stalagmites, helictites, drapes, petrified waterfalls, cave pearls, phyzolites, underground rivers, underground lakes and more. The spot forms a very exciting tourist destination. The cave is beautified and landscaped, there are footpaths, artificial lighting, laser show, spectacular views, and a therapeutic treatments for those with asthma disease is offered.
New halls of the Kumistavi cave were discovered by the members of Speleological expedition of the Geographic Institute of the Academy of Sciences of Georgia named after Vakhushti Bagrationi, on July 15, 1984. Mikheil Saakashvili has helped to the transformation of the cave into a tourist site in 2010, and in 2011 the cave was opened to the public.
The Kumistavi cave has been declared a natural monument.

THE “STALACTITES” RESTAURANT

The restaurant is located in the village of Kvilishori in Tskaltubo region, next to the Prometheus Cave. The restaurant’s interior is designed to satisfy every visitor`s taste.
The main hall of the restaurant is settled in a modern European style, a small room “Marani” is decorated with the attributes of traditional Georgian wine-cellar style of “marani”. “The Hunter” compartment is decorated in the hunting style for those hunting lovers. “The Stalactites” compartment is an imitation of a cave decorated with old fireplace and the items of a primitive man’s household. “The Imereti” compartment`s walls are all painted with old Imereti landscapes. On hot summer days, the tables will be laid for the guests in a lush of a green courtyard.
The restaurant serves traditional Georgian dishes, as well as specialties from the chef.
In the main hall, guests can enjoy Georgian and foreign music in a live performance.

STATE NATURE RESERVE of SATAPLIA

Sataplia State Reserve is located within the villages of Gumbra, Banodzha and Homuli in Tskaltubo municipality, on the mountain of Sataplia, at an altitude of 500 meters above the sea level. It was founded in 1935. At present, its territory is up to 330 hectares. The reserve is of a complex character, containing geological, paleontological, speleological, zoological and botanical monuments. Relief is of mountains and hills character. 95% of the territory is covered with relict Colchis type forest that is made up of beech, chestnut, hornbeam, elm, willow, alder, linden, oak and other trees. The underwood layer forms an impenetrable arch. Lots of lianas can be seen there. Among the mammals there are tours, martens, badgers, foxes, rabbits and squirrels presented. Rare can be seen deer, there are many species of birds. The reserve territory is rich in karsts caves. There have been also found up to 200 tracks of carnivorous and herbivorous dinosaurs, printed on petrified limestone layer. The reserve is a rich bio-speleological museum.

Lake Side

Immediately by the Cold Lake, a bar- restaurant “By the Lake” (“Lake Side”) is opening soon. You can taste Georgian cuisine here.